Kim

Default Selecting date specific data from different spreadsheets

I have several worksheets for different places which each have budget
information regarding how much €˜Amount and when a payment is due €˜Date. I
am trying to create a €˜totals spreadsheet which will collect the relevant
information from each spreadsheet so I can total the amount due for each
month due and if values change in the separate spreadsheets with therefore
update the €˜totals spreadsheet. VLOOKUP has been suggested but the months
vary in each spreadsheet and therefore their cell locations vary. I need the
formula to look for the specified month e.g. 01-Dec-05, then collect the
amount from the adjacent cell and put that information into my 'totals'
sheet. I have also tried naming the columns and using SUMIF
(=SUMIF(London_Date, ''01-Dec-05'', London!G:G) but it seemed to work for
one spreadsheet and now I cant get it to work for the next spreadsheet?

Ive been through my excel formulas book and the office assistant but Im
really stuck and this should have been done last week! Any suggestions?

Thank you for your help

Kim