Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default Make Worksheet Deactivate Event only run once

You could have workbook_open put 0 in a cell somewhererun the code and have
it put

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"robzrob" wrote in message
I have the code below, which runs when I deactivate a worksheet, but I
only want it to run the first time the worksheet is deactivated (in
any one session of using the workbook). If it�s activated and then
deactivated again (in any one session of using the workbook), I want
it not to run.

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
Counterstation = Workbooks("h...).Range("S38").Value
Select Case Counterstation
Case "CAM1": Do A
Case "CAM2": Do B
Case "CAM3": Do C
Case "CAM4": Do D
Case "HEL1": Do E
Case "HEL2": Do F
End Select
End Sub

I�ve tried this:

Private Sub Worksheet_Deactivate()
If x 0 Then Exit Sub
Counterstation = Workbooks("h...).Range("S38").Value
Select Case Counterstation
Case "CAM1": Do A
Case "CAM2": Do B
Case "CAM3": Do C
Case "CAM4": Do D
Case "HEL1": Do E
Case "HEL2": Do F
End Select
x=1
End Sub

(with x set as 0 in another piece of code which runs 'on open'), but
it won�t work.