Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Start a macro from a change in a cell value made by a formula?

Hi,

It sounds line you need application.ontime

Once you start it running the code below will call itself recursively every
20 seconds until you stop it with CTRL+Break. There are programmatic ways of
stopping it if you want to develop this

Public RunTime As Date
Sub MyCode()
RunTime = Now + TimeValue("00:00:20")
Application.OnTime RunTime, "MyCode"

'YOUR CODE

Mike

question.

"Geejay" wrote:

I have a macro that records, 5 cells of data from an internet source and then
drops it down a line ready for the next time I push the button.

I would like to automate this procedure, recording every 20 seconds for
about 20 mins. I have created a timer that returns a '1' every 20 seconds and
a zero otherwise. The '1' is visible for one second.

I need help in marrying the timer,sourced from a formula, to the macro.

Can anyone help, bearing in mind that I am new to this.