Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Odd behavior using CONCATENATE

First, I would have guessed that you use something like:
=CONCATENATE(T6,TEXT(S7,"0.00"))

Then that value in S7 would be nicely formatted in that concatenated string.

For your real question:
If you're using xl2003, then change this setting:
Tools|Options|Transition Tab|Uncheck "Transition formula evaluation"

In fact, if I were you, I'd uncheck all those options.

ps. If you had concatenated two text strings (like with the =text() version),
then you wouldn't have seen the error--well, not in this formula.

Andrew wrote:

Hello,
I have one spreadsheet where I am trying to use CONCATENATE to combine
some text and a number.
The cell T6 contains "AT COST X "
The cell S7 contains a number 1.18
The cell S8 contains =CONCATENATE(T6,S7)

I get a #VALUE error on this, and I can't figure out why.

Any ideas?

--

Dave Peterson