Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
[email protected] NoSpam@aol.com is offline

Default Need help with VBA help

Thanks for your reply. Wow, I would be interested in knowing how you came
up with that fix! That might help me to understand what is happening and
how to find an fix on XP.

I should have mentioned that I am running XP Pro with all current updates,
so I didn't try your fix. I am quite familiar with the registry and have
done a lot of registry editing.

I did try typing "mod" as you suggester. The 4 result items we "Mod
Operator (Visual Basic for Applications)", "Row Property", "ScreenUpdating
Property", and "Column Property". Clicking on the 1st, nothing at alll
happened. Clicking on the others worked fine.

On Tue, 9 Mar 2010 21:14:31 -0500, "Gary Keramidas"
wrote:

i have a fix you can try.
first of all, this is only for running excel 2003 on a windows 7 pc. if
you're not, don't even bother reading the rest.

-- clip --

wrote in message
.. .
I am using Excel 2003 with all updates. When I type a keyword into the VBA
"Type a question for help" text box, I get a list of entries as normal.
When I position the cursor over any of the entries, it turns into a hand
with a pointing finget, indicating that the list item is a link. This is
also normal.

When I click on some of the items, I get a window telling me about that
item as I should. However, when I click on other items, nothing at all
happens. It seems that approximately one-half of all the items exhibit
this behavior.

I have tried reinstalling Excel but that does not fix the problem. Any
suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.