Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Convert decimal digit to integer

Whoops.... what I posted is not what you asked for. Your actual question is
a little strange. When dealing with floating point numbers, one rarely needs
to know a digit measure in from the end; rather, one usually wants to know
the digit so-many-positions in from the decimal point. The reason is because
"true numbers" do not have trailing zeroes, only string representations of
numbers can hold trailing zeroes. So I'm not really sure you want what you
asked for. Anyway, consider these...

Second digit from the end of a String value
Variable = Mid(StringNumber, Len(StringNumber) - 1, 1)

Third digit in from decimal point
Variable = Int(1000 * Number) Mod 10

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Rick Rothstein" wrote in message
Give this a try...

=MOD(1000*A1,10)

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Howard31" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have the value 1.0020 in a cell, I want to assign the second right
decimal
(2) to an integer variable, how do I do that?

Any help will be very much appreciated