Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Héctor Miguel Héctor Miguel is offline

Default using formula =sum('*'!A1) in a macro does not work.

hi, TG !

I am trying to use the formula above in a macro that is ran once a button is clicked.
the problem is that the formula goes from =sum('*'!A1) to =sum('*''!A1'), this results in an error message (#NAME)
does anyone know why this is happening when it is used in a macro?
If i use this in a cell and type it myself it works great!

I'm not sure "how" do you use the sintax in your vba-code (?)
I used like this in immediate code-pane and it is working "as expected"...

activecell.formula = "=sum('*'!a1)"

resulting formula includes every [A1] cell in all worksheets in workbook (BUT activesheet)

hth,
hector.