Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
G Ray G Ray is offline

Default using formula =sum('*'!A1) in a macro does not work.

I found this on a website called The Code Cage.com You can read the

http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/ex...orksheets.html

My solution to that is to add in place holder sheets. Add a newe sheet
called
'Start' at the front fo the book an done called 'End' at the end of
the book.
Now make your formula
=sum(Start:End!A1)
Now hide the Start and End sheets. Any sheets that are added will be
added
'Original Source: The Code Cage Forums
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/ex...tml#post634940
between start and end so the total will include all sheets.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

'Original Source:
http://www.thecodecage.com/forumz/ex...orksheets.html

On Mar 8, 4:23*pm, TG wrote:
I am trying to use the formula above in a macro that is ran once a button is
clicked.

the problem is that the formula goes from =sum('*'!A1) to =sum('*''!A1'),
this results in an error message (#NAME), does anyone know why this is
happening when it is used in a macro? If i use this in a cell and type it
myself it works great!

Thanks in advance,

TG