Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Dealing with unknown array sizes (Application.Transpose)

Before xl97 (I think), the way to access the worksheet functions from code was
to use:

Application.functionnamehere

xl97 introduced this kind of thing:
application.worksheetfunction.functionnamehere
or
worksheetfunction.functionnamehere

For the most part, all three are interchangeable.

But not always!

Two examples where they are not are with:

application.vlookup() and application.match
and
application.worksheetfunction.vlookup() and
application.worksheetfunction.match()

These behave different if there is no match.

=======
And because Chip is old <vbg and grew up with excel, he continues to use
application.functionnamehere. About the only thing he loses is the VBE's
intellisense (but that's not useful for these anyway!).

Robert Crandal wrote:

Chip,

Cool, I just have one question for you. I looked all over the
VBA documention and I don't see anything to indicate that
the ".Transpose" method is a member of the Application
object.

Will the "Transpose" function still work okay even though it
doesn't show up in the function list after I type "Application."???

As always, thanks for your great advice!

"Chip Pearson" wrote in message

.List = Application.Transpose(Arr)

--

Dave Peterson