Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mr. m0le[_2_] Mr. m0le[_2_] is offline

Default Excel crashes on close

So far it seems to be working. The books are closing without excel crashing
on me. Thank you for the help.

"JLGWhiz" wrote:

Try it this way:

"Workbooks("Home-Item Lookup.XLS").Saved = True
"Workbooks("Home-Item Lookup.XLS").Close

"Mr. m0le" wrote in message
I have several workbooks that contain different macros for various
purposes.
These workbooks dont need to be saved after use. I originaly was using
"Application.DisplayAlerts = False" & "Workbooks.Close" to not show the
save
msg and then just close the work book. All this is done in the workbook
module under beforeclose. I've did some searching around and tried useing
timer to give it time to think and also tried "Workbooks("Home-Item
Lookup.XLS").Close SaveChanges:=False" without luck. Either it asks me to
save the workbook (which i would perfer not as the workbooks are blank
templates designed to pull further info. based upon filled in cells.), or
the
workbook closes but then excel itself crashes. I do have shapes in the
workbook but none of the shapre have anything to do with the book
closeing.
Any ideas on this i could try or something im missing?

.