Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
helene and gabor helene and gabor is offline

Default How do I find a column number for a cell containing a value

Hello,

I wrote a VBA program and inserted a:12 in columns 1,6,11,30,92 and 104.
The outputs are column numbers (1,6,...104) and the columns for these 12.s:
A,F,K,AD,CN and CZ.
The output is unsophisticated.

best regards,

Gabor Sebo
worksheet encl.

"Gilgamesh" wrote in message

"Gilgamesh" wrote in message
I have a range of cells A1:CZ1 all of which have different values. I
need to find the column number for a cell that contains a certain value.
I know I can use cells.find which returns the value rather than the cell
reference, and I have seen other posts in this group to return a number
when the cell is known range(ColAddress).cells(1,1).column

I can easily put this in a simple loop but I was wondering if there was a
smarter way that could do it in one line using built-in functions. If it
was a loop it would have to be processed many times for the different
values I need to lookup slowing things down quite a bit.

Thanks