Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
VBANovice VBANovice is offline

Default combobox after change but user hits cancel to message box

If it was just Yes/No, wouldn't they still be able to close the window with
the X on the top right?

"Paul Robinson" wrote:

Hi
Why have a cancel?
regards
Paul

On Mar 5, 3:02 pm, VBANovice
wrote:
the code below is used to save some data when a user changes months on a
combobox. The code prompts the user to see if he/she wants to save the
estimates with a Yes, No, Cancel.

yes and no cases work as expected but when the user clicks cancel, the code
exits out as expected but the combox box value is now set to the new month
the user selected. I would like it to be set back to the month they had in
the combox before the changed it.

how can I do modify the code to do that or is there a better way to do this?

thanks

Private Sub cboMonth_Change()
Dim myCheck As Integer
Dim ms As String
Dim dc As Long

On Error Resume Next
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

ms = Format(Range("cyMonthSave"), "mmm")

With Sheets("Estimates")

'finds appropriate column
dc = .Rows(1).Find(What:=ms, LookIn:=xlValues, LookAt _
:=xlWhole, SearchOrder:=xlByColumns, SearchDirection:=xlNext, _
MatchCase:=False, SearchFormat:=False).Column

End With
If Sheets("Merchandise Store Plan").Range("m15").Value =
Sheets("Estimates").Cells(60, dc).Value Then
GoTo SkipChanges:
End If

myCheck = MsgBox("Do you want to save your changes?", vbYesNoCancel, "Save")

If myCheck = vbCancel Then
Exit Sub
Else
If myCheck = vbNo Then
GoTo SkipChanges:

mcrSaveEstimates

'No changes to save
SkipChanges:

Range("A2") = Sheets("Misc").Range("CYMonth").Value
Range("A3") = Sheets("Misc").Range("PYMonth").Value

'brings back previosly saved estimated for the new month selected
RestoreEstimates

Application.ScreenUpdating = True
Beep
End Sub