maceudora

Default VLOOKUP - computed go to

I use the serial number date as the 'find' part of Vlookup in another
worksheet which is sorted properly by date. I place at the head of the
column the date I want selected and use a concatenate to try and get
the Vlookups in the column to go to a different date on the remote
worksheet. I have delineated the remote worksheet with the usual
$B4:$D256 and just try and change the column heading date to pickup
data for different dates. This used to be called a computed go to
statement and in basic is popular in IF statements. I can make three of
my columns work perfectly well and I am pleased with the results which I
check closely from time to time. When I place a current date (serial
number) in the column heading in order to pick up recent instead of
historical data, i.e. in the last 4 or 5 days, that particular column
simply does not work and I have to spend hours 'hand coding' each row
in that column in order to get my data which drives me to distraction.

Any help would be most appreciated.

--
maceudora
maceudora's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php...o&userid=27537