Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Don Guillett[_2_] Don Guillett[_2_] is offline

Default VB Excel Macro

Is there a good reason why you can't post your macro as requested?

--
Don Guillett
Microsoft MVP Excel

"ajmplanner" wrote in message
Thanks for your replies. The macro simply parses some information in a
cell
of each row of a worksheet and places the parsed info in other columns on
that row. I receive the unparsed information in a different Excel file
each
month. I was under the impression that a macro built for that worksheet
was
"attached" to that Excel file and could not access worsheets in another
Excel
file.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

It depends on how that macro is written (and what it does).

It could be as simple as opening the macro workbook, activating the
"real"
workbook and the sheet that should be processed, then hitting alt-F8 and
selecting the macro and running it.

This could even work if the code was written to work on the activesheet
<bg.

ajmplanner wrote:

I have a VB Macro in an Excel spreadsheet that I want to use in other
spreadsheets. What is the most efficient way to do this without copying
the
macro code from sheet to sheet.

--

Dave Peterson