Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
XP XP is offline

Default Calculating age at different points in time

Using 2007, I need to calculate exact ages based on both full and partial
dates that could range from the 1400's to current day. This is for a
genealogy project.

I would like to be able to enter a birth date into a cell which could be
month-day-year if known or month-year if known or just year.

In an adjacent column, say column 2, there would be a list of dates which
would mark various points in time, like census dates, marriage, etc. These
dates could also be month-day-year if known or month-year if known or just
year.

In column 3, 4, and 5, adjacent to column 2, I need formulas that will
calculate the difference in time from birth date to the date in column 2
showing age in years, months, days (example: 35 years, 6 months, 24 days).

I know this is rather complicated to explain, if needed I will gladly try to
explain further. Thanks much in advance for your help!