Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Copy/Paste Values code

Rick,

Good point about the difference between usedrange and cells but yours and
JLGWhiz options don't paste values as the OP requested.
--
Mike

question.

"Rick Rothstein" wrote:

Using the UsedRange might not be what the OP wants. If the UsedRange does
not start at A1, then using it in your code will move all the data up so
that the data starts in A1; using Cells as I proposed will keep the moved
data in the same cells they currently are in. Try this experiment with both
options to see the difference. Fill Sheet 1 with some data, then select the
first 5 rows and click Edit/Clear/All on the menu bar (do not just hit the
Delete key) to clear those cells from the UsedRange., then run your code and
watch where Row 6's data (and all the rows after it) end up. Now repeat the
process using my code.... Row 6 and all following rows remain in the same
rows they currently are in on Sheet2.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JLGWhiz" wrote in message
Might be a little faster.

Sub CopySheets()
Sheets("Sheet2").UsedRange.Copy Sheets("Sheet1").Range("A1")
End Sub

"Jules" wrote in message
Is there a faster way to copy and paste one entire worksheets data into
another existing worksheet? I do NOT want to rename the sheets. Code
below is
what I'm using now but it seems that there should be a simpler way.
Thanks!

Sub CopySheets()
Sheets("Sheet2").Select
Cells.Select