Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Jeff via OfficeKB.com Jeff via OfficeKB.com is offline

Default Excel macro filter Like keyword

SourceRange must be a leftover from some code I grabbed somewhere. I left it
in because of my misunderstanding of VBA. (Ithought it was some kind of build
it function)

I tried another approach (still not quite working). I recorded a macro while
doing a custom filtering and used a select case to filter the different
options.
Here is my code..

Private Sub ComboBox1_Change()

Dim ProcessType As String
ProcessType = Range("A1").Value

Select Case ProcessType

Case Is = "BL"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*Blended*", Operator:=xlAnd

Case Is = "DA"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*DA*", Operator:=xlAnd

Case Is = "TRD"
Selection.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="=*Traditional*", Operator:=xlAnd
End Select

End Sub

Jeff wrote:
Thanks a lot for the help
I am still getting an "object required" error 424
All the data, combo box and source range in on the same worksheet.
In cell A1, I have the keyword cell (which is the linked cell for my combo
box)
My headers start on A2 to AA2 and have autofilter set up, the data itself
starts cell A3...
I would like that when I select the correct value from the combobox, it
filters my data by searching for a matching keyword in column 1.
I hope this is more clear.

Thanks for the help.

Is A1 on the same worksheet as the sourcerange?

[quoted text clipped - 9 lines]
Message posted via OfficeKB.com