Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Steve Muir Steve Muir is offline

Default Problem with VBA code not running in Excel 2003

Hi All,

I have recently developed a sheet which checks the distance between 2
postcodes and then outputs results to another sheet and sorts them by
distance (closest to furthest).

This works perfectly in Excel 2007 (which I developed the sheet with) but
when my collegue runs it in 2003 the code for the sort fails. The code is:

ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Clear
ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Add
Key:=Range("F7"), _
SortOn:=xlSortOnValues, Order:=xlAscending, DataOption:=xlSortNormal
With ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort
.SetRange Range("A7:H1000")
.Header = xlNo
.MatchCase = False
.Orientation = xlTopToBottom
.SortMethod = xlPinYin
.Apply
End With

It fails on the second line of code and I don't know why? Can anyone shed
any light on this for me.

many thanks

Stephen Muir