Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Lars-Åke Aspelin[_4_] Lars-Åke Aspelin[_4_] is offline

Default Extract only text from column

On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 10:29:01 -0800, Ryan D
wrote:

How do I extract just the text portion of a column? For example if column
contains:
"123 abcd", how do I get just the "abcd" in a new column?

Please give more information about the possible format of the first
column.
Is the "text portion" always preceeded by a space?
Is the "text portion" always the rightmost part?
etc
etc

Here is one formula that suits the given example, but only that

=IF(A1="123 abcd","abcd","no information given on how to handle "&A1)

Lars-Åke