Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mr. IT[_2_] Mr. IT[_2_] is offline

Default Automatically Sorting of Excel Records (Macros)

Greetings!

I am working in a good IT company under the quality management team. May I
ask how can I automatically sort an array of records using macros based on
categories and heirarchy of scores? Then generate a separate sheet for it as
well?

Here is a simple example of a record array found in sheet1 named as "DATA":

A B C
PARTICIPANT CATEGORY POINTS
1 Malaysia W 87,000
2 Indonesia X 12,000
3 Singapore Y 98,000
4 Thailand Z 15,000
5 Hong-Kong Y 58,000
6 Japan W 108,000
7 Russia X 33,000
8 China Z 72,000

I simply need to automatically generate two more sheets: Sheet 2 as
"GroupsWX" which will contain all entries having categories 'W' and 'X' and
Sheet 3 as "GroupsYZ" which will contain all entries having categories 'Y'
and 'Z'.

These two computer-generated sheets will display Columns A and C in
descending order; without having the need to separate 'W' from 'X' or 'Y'
from 'Z'.

Thank you very much and God Bless to you, your family, and your company =)\

Regards, Mr. IT