Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Rick S. Rick S. is offline

Default Create shape, name shape, add text to shape

Hi, I decided to burst as many brain cells as I can working with shapes.
Its working. ;)

I am trying to add "Oval" shapes (msoShapeOval) tn image on a worksheet, the
problem I am having difficulties with is naming the shape or renaming the
shape as it is created.
I want to start with "Oval 1" for the First shape and continu counting, Oval
2, Oval 3, etc. What I get is what seems to be a random starting shape name
such as "Oval 6" when there are no shapes other than a picture shape on the
sheet or in the entire workbook.
Lets say It started with "Oval 6", I rename to "Oval 1" the next shape name
is going to be "Oval 7" by default; I can rename to "Oval 2" and so on until
I reach "Oval 12" and try to rename to "Oval 6". Instead of renaming it jumps
to the original "Oval 6" shape which was renamed to "Oval 1"?

1. Can I purge shapes from a worksheet or workbook?
2. How do I get the count to start where I want it to start at with out
duplicating the name?

--
Regards

Rick