Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Dave Peterson Dave Peterson is offline

Default Impossible Macro?

You're welcome. <vbg

(and that never happens to me <I crack me up!.)

Rick Rothstein wrote:

Well, I **just know** I tested the code before I posted it and I **know** it
worked AT THAT TIME... but now, I can't get the code to work correctly at
all. I have no idea what I did in my original tests to make it work, but
whatever I did then, I can't seem to repeat now. Okay, that's it... I'm off
trying to use the Selection for Inserts and Deletes from now on.<g Thanks
for watching my back on this.

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I put data in A1:H20.
I selected rows 1:20 and stepped through the macro using 3 at the howmany
prompt.

After the first loop, I had empty cells in rows 2:4.
After the second loop, I had empty cells in rows 2:7.
then 2:10, ...

I'd also be careful with the selection.

If I started with A1:B3 selected, then the first loop put empty cells in:
A2:B4,
shifting the cells to the right.

After the second loop, I ended up with empty cells in: A2:b5 and C3:D4
and data
pushed further to the right.

Rick Rothstein wrote:

Actually, the code I posted works fine as is (I tested it<g).

--
Rick (MVP - Excel)

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I'd start from the bottom up <vbg.

Rick Rothstein wrote:

Does this do what you want...

Sub InsertRows()
Dim R As Range, HowMany As Long
HowMany = InputBox("How many rows should be inserted?")
For Each R In Selection.Rows
R.Offset(1).Resize(HowMany).Insert
Next

Rick (MVP - Excel)

"JohnHero" wrote in message
I'd like to be able to have a macro that wouod work like this:

1) I highlight the rows

2) When I run the macro, it will ask me how many rows I'd like to
insert.

3) It would then insert x number of rows after each highlighted
cell.

Anybody able to help with this one?

--

Dave Peterson