Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Paul Robinson Paul Robinson is offline

Default Rolling Total

On Feb 25, 3:23*pm, terilad wrote:
Hi
You can put the rolling total in E1

Sub TotalIt()
Total = Range("E1").Value
Range("E1").Value = Range("D1").Value + Total
End Sub

run this sub each time you change the numbers in the A column
regards
Paul

Hello,

I have a range of cells for input of hours 8 or 12, these total up in a cell
D1, is there a way of keeping this rolling total in this cell when I delete
the hours I input, so if I input hours 12 into A1, A2, A3 the total in cell
D1 should be 36, when I delete the hours in cells A1, A2 and A3 I want the 36
still to remain in cell D1 and again start totalling when I add further hours
to cell A1, A2, A3 and so on so it stays as a rolling total all the time.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Mark