Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Minimum function in a list

This is only the first part of the first question. Say we have in A1 thru D9:

cat 36 $50.00 vendor 5
dog 15 $10.00 vendor 1
cat 42 $40.00 vendor 4
dog 23 $30.00 vendor 3
cat 12 $60.00 vendor 6
dog 47 $20.00 vendor 2
turtle 12 $70.00 vendor 7
turtle 29 $90.00 vendor 9
turtle 41 $80.00 vendor 8

Item, Quantity, Price, and Vendor

the array formula:

=MIN(IF(A1:A9="dog",C1:C9,"")) will display 10

This formula must be entered with CNTRL-SHFT-ENTER rather than just the
ENTER key.

Good Luck with the next parts.
--
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Albert" wrote:

Hi Guys,

Please can you help?

I have a transaction sheet where I capture all purchases of different items
with the quantity, price and supplier of the goods.

I also have created a summary sheet which then uniquely lists the items
purchased and it attempts to summarize these purchases from the transaction
sheet.

In this summary table I would like to get the min price paid for the
particular list item, the supplier and date of this minimum price purchase.
Please can you supply me with a formula or the VB code?

While I am asking...

Also in the transaction sheet I have a column for "transaction type"
(Opening stock, closing stock and purchases). My idea is to keep a trck of
stock on hand and useage in the summary table. Currently I have a column for
each (openning stock + Purchases - Closing stock). Obviously there is a
problem as the closing stock for the one month needs to become the openning
stock of the next. Can someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks
Albert