Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike H Mike H is offline

Default Formula for Counting Two Characteristics in Separate Columns

Hi,

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B20="Bob")*(D1:D20="Active"))

With the obvious change for "Inactive"

In Practice I would use cell references for the lookup values

=SUMPRODUCT((B1:B20=F1)*(D1:D20=G1))

Where
F1= Bob
G1= Active
--
Mike

question.

"PGiessler" wrote:

I have a list of Sales People's Names in "Column B", in "Column C" I have the
client name and in "Column D" I have an indication of whether the account is
"Active" or "Inactive" . In a summary field I want to calculate how many
"Active" accounts "Bob" has, then in another summary field show the number of
"Inactive" accounts "Bob" has.

I have done this before, but seem to be struggling with the formula this
morning. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks, Paul