Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ant Ant is offline

Default protecting sheet tabs

Hi Dave,

I have tried using your two Macros to hide the Tabs in my workbook. I have
placed the two macros in a Module (module 12), but nothing seems to happen. I
save and close the workbook, but when I re-open it, the tabs are still there.

Have I placed the macros in the wrong area?

Regard
Ant

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You could have two macros placed in a General module for the workbook that you
want to lock down.

Option Explicit
Sub Auto_Open()
Application.Commandbars("Tools").Controls("&Option s...").Visible = False
End Sub
Sub Auto_Close()
Application.Commandbars("Tools").Controls("&Option s...").Visible = True
End Sub

The Auto_Open routine will run each time the workbook is opened (if the user
allows macros to run). And it'll hide the options choice.

The Auto_Close routine will run when the workbook is closed.

Benijofar Dave wrote:

Should this work in 2003 if so where should it be placed, thanks in advanvce.

"Tom Ogilvy" wrote:

to the best of my knowledge, this is not something you can prevent.

Removing the options menu seems a little drastic, but

Application.Commandbars("Tools").Controls("&Option s...").Visible = False

Tom Ogilvy

"Mike" wrote:

I don't think this helps because I'm not trying to hide the sheet. What I'm
trying to do is hide the sheet tab only and stop users un-hiding the tabs

--

Dave Peterson
.