RedChequer

Myrna,
I already posed a than yo reply bu I meant to ask, Wht is the difference
between Permutations & Combinations

"RedChequer" wrote:

Thanks Myrna

"Myrna Larson" wrote:

If the only thing that matters is the identity of the 6 numbers, and the order
in which they were selected is not important, the function you want is
COMBINATIONS, not PERMUTATIONS. The function name is COMBIN.

On Sat, 24 Sep 2005 19:49:01 -0700, "RedChequer"
wrote:

Can any one give me the formula for doing permutations
ie. odds against picking 6 numbers, not in numerical order, from 45 numbers.
Excel's PERMUT function for =Permut(45.6) returns odds of 5,864,443,200
This seems too excessive, it's more like the odds of picking the 6 numbers
in numerical order.