Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
chipwood3 chipwood3 is offline

Default Adding a leading zero "0" to a number in a cell

I am trying to create a formula that will add a leading zerto to any number
that comes in with less than 5 digits. This is for a spreadsheet that will
carry over zip codes for a mailing. I want to know if I can write a formula
and if so, what it is that if a column of numbers just has 234 that the
formula will automatically add the two zeros making it 00234. Or if it is
2345 it will convert it to 02345.

Also - will the leading zeros (for lack of a better term) be hard coded so
that when you extor to a csv or another format, the zeros will remain.

Thanks
--
Chip