Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan H Ryan H is offline

Default Worksheet().Range.Calculate Problem

There's no need to select the worksheet in order to do the calculation. Does
the range you reference have a ton of functions in it that refer to macros?
Do you have other macros firing every time a cell in calculated? For
example, if you have code in the worksheet Change or Calculate Events it
could take a while. This may help a little.

Application.ScreenUpdating = False
Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Range("G3:GA712").Calculate
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

Can you post the entire procedure and any other macros that are in the
workbook? It would be more helpful. Hope this helps! If so, let me know,
click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Ayo" wrote:

I am having a major problem with these two lines of code in my otherwise
great reporting tool:
Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Select
Worksheets("Goals Tracker").Range("G3:GA712").Calculate

These 2 lines freezes up my computer to the point that I can't use any other
application on my computer. It takes forever (over an hour, the last time I
let it run complete) to calculate one sheet in the workbook. I need to find
out if there is another way to get this done faster.
Any help will be appreaciated.