Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ron Rosenfeld Ron Rosenfeld is offline

Default Array formula does not calculate correctly when run from macro

On Sun, 21 Feb 2010 18:18:36 -0800 (PST), downwitch
wrote:

Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

Ron, yes, there are plenty of row-based workarounds I can use; I was
trying to stick to the simplicity of just the one array formula, and
the fact that it works so straightforwardly for an Excel user unless
that user's name is VBA is maddening.

If I understand what you're saying correctly Joel, yes, I think the
dynamic nature of the array must be where the problem lies. What I
can't believe is that there is no way to force the _exact same_ type
of calculation that takes place when a user makes a simple change via
the UI (and Rmorrone re-entering a formula counts as such a change--I
don't want the user to have to do anything here) to occur through
code. Doesn't sound like I will get an explanation for it here though--
I'll try cross-posting, though I don't have much hope for an answer
from that either.

I sure hope you get an answer as to the "why", and that I see the response.
There are many more knowledgeable than I around here.
--ron