Dave Peterson

If you copy and paste the list, you'll have to reassign data|validation.

If the list is on the same worksheet, when you copy the sheet
(edit|move or copy sheet, not copy the cells), then the data|validation will
point at the new sheet)

Marlis wrote:

I have tried copying and pasting the list into the new workbook, but I still
get the error.

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

You have to get that list into the other workbook some way.

Can you explain why none of the suggestions would fit?

Marlis wrote:

No, I need to be able to move it to another book. I have clients, each
having their own book, into which I move each of their invoices. Is it
possible for me to be able to to somehow accomplish this without the error?

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

Maybe you could type the list into the data|validation dialog.

Maybe you could put the list on the same sheet (in an out of the way spot) so
it, too, gets copied.

Maybe you could copy the other sheet (with the validation) at the same time.

Marlis wrote:

I have a template that I created with a drop down list using validation from
within the same book. How I can get the validation to work when I move the
sheet to another book? (I get a value error when it updates)
Thank you

--

Dave Peterson

--