Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
FSt1 FSt1 is offline

Default Turning off display while VBA running

hi
at the begining of our code, add this......
Application.ScreenUpdating = False

then before the sub finishes, add this.......
Application.ScreenUpdating = True

if you turn screenupdating off, always be sure to turn it back on.

Regards
FSt1
"Bob Bridges" wrote:

Seems to me I once saw an option I can turn off to keep Excel from updating
the display while my program inserts rows, fills in data, hides/unhides rows
and such, so it'll run faster if there's a lot to be accomplished...the idea
being that the program will turn the display, so to speak, back on just
before it gets to End Sub. Now I want to use that feature and I can't find
it in my VBA/Excel chm. Can anyone tell me where to look for it? Thanks.