Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default conditional formatting

This question appears as unanswered in my OE, so excuse me if this is an
extra, unneeded reply.

Select B1, then use CFR with the Custom option, with a formula that returns
TRUE or FALSE

IF A1 will just contain the exact word:

=A1="Done"

If it will contain a string that will have the word 'done'
=NOT(ISERROR(FIND("done",LOWER(A1))))

Of course, you might need further checks to differentiate between

"I'm done with this"

and

"I'm not done with this"

--
HTH,
Bernie

"Nospam" wrote in message

Windows XP fully updated
Excel 2002 sp3

is there a way to make a cell's background colour change depending upon
the contents for ANOTHER cell.

E.G.

if cell A1 contains the word 'done' I would like the background colour of
B1 to be yellow.

Conditional formatting only seems to work on the cell in question not on
another cell.

Thanks

--
Nospam