Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
SteveF[_4_] SteveF[_4_] is offline

Default Can a checkbox be created with a logic function?

Thanks Dan. I've never done a logical function before, but I couldn't get
that to work for me. It looks as if your fomula could create a checkmark in a
cell other than the one that was clicked on? Or maybe I just missed something.

"dan dungan" wrote:

I accidentally sent the previous message before I was finished.

What I meant was:

In excel 2000 on my computer, the wingdings 2 font has Character code
0x52 which shows R until you change the font to wingdings2. Then you
see the check mark in a box.

Character code 0x2A shows R* which is an empty box.

So if you are evaluating A1 the formula,
=IF(A1="",R*,R)

Dan
.