Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Toxter Toxter is offline

Default Excel AddIn - how to get formula from Formula Dialog

Hi All,

I'm working on VSTO Excel 2007 AddIn in C#.

I need to call Formula Dialog and than to fetch the formula string from that
dialog. Problem is that dialog doesn't offer something like
dialog.FormulaText but instead inserts formula in ActiveCell. So code like
this:

var dlg =
this.Application.Dialogs[Microsoft.Office.Interop.Excel.XlBuiltInDialog.xlD ialogFunctionWizard];
dlg.Show(missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing,
missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing, missing);

So, this code will Show Function Dialog, and it will correctly place
generated formula to ActiveCell.

Is it possible that I do this without placing value in ActiveCell and get
Formula string?

Thank you