Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming

Default Macro to find highlighted cells

Look at:

Sub SearchForFalsehood()
Columns("B:IV").EntireColumn.Hidden = True
Rows("2:65536").EntireRow.Hidden = True
For Each r In ActiveSheet.UsedRange
If r.Value = False Then
r.EntireColumn.Hidden = False
r.EntireRow.Hidden = False
End If
Next
Cells(1, 1).EntireRow.Hidden = False
Cells(1, 1).EntireColumn.Hidden = False
Gary''s Student - gsnu201001

"Dawn" wrote:

Hoping someone can help me with a macro. I need to look at each row (except
for header row 1) ... if the cells in the row say "true" that row can be
hidden. If any cells in the row say "false" that row should stay visible.
Then for the remaining visible cells, look at each column (except for column
A), and if everything in that column is true, it should hide that column. If
the column has a "false" in it, that column should stay visible. If it
makes a difference, I'm searching for the true/false *values* that are
returned from a formula that is comparing two individual cells. (I'm
comparing two massive spreadsheets to make sure the data matches up from a
data upload into a database. I want to be able to zero in on the places
where we have mismatches that need review.)

I am capable of recording macros, and copying/pasting to cobble code
together in a VBA window but can not write code. I can't get anywhere close
with a recorded macro on this. Any ideas would be much appreciated, thanks!