Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Mike Middleton Mike Middleton is offline

Default P value in excel

Gaurav or Boss -

One approach is to use a chi-square goodness-of-fit test.

There's no built-in wizard for goodness-of-fit in Excel, so you have to set
it up yourself and then use Excel's CHIDIST worksheet function to get the
p-value.

For examples, use Google or your favorite search engine to look for "excel
goodness-of-fit test" (without the quotes).

- Mike
http://www.MikeMiddleton.com

"Boss" wrote in message

Is there a method/code to find out the p value in excel. I have 30 or more
data points and i wish to find out is the data normal or not based on the p
value.

Same can be done in Minitab, please help me doing same in excel.

Thansk!
Gaurav