Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
willwonka[_4_] willwonka[_4_] is offline

Default List output to a x by 10 range

Thanks. Unfortunately, that just copied the list to 10 columns (which
may be what I asked given the way I worded it).

Let's try this.

Let's say I have a range (we'll call it "data"). This Range is from
A2:A1770 (so it is 1769 rows long).

I would like to transpose that range where it would be 177 (1769 /
10+1) rows by 10 columns starting in Cell M1.

In other words, it would take the first 10 rows of "data" and place
them in cells M1:V1
The next 10 rows would be placed in M2:V2

I appreciate the link to JWalk's site. He is always helpful and I
think I would definitely like to use arrays for this.

So reading the range into an array and then perhaps resize the array
( making it 1769x1 to 177x10) and then just paste that resized array
to the right place.

Thanks, in advance for your help.

On Feb 17, 10:54*am, Jef Gorbach wrote:
No doubt you've already experimented with macro recorder, discovering
the standard transpose command wont wrap within a range. So we need
handle the transposition manually.
Presuming your data begins in cell A2:

Sub test()
For Each c In Range("A2", "A" & Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row)
* * Row = Row + 1
* * For col = 0 To 9
* * * * Cells(Row, 13 + col).Value = c.Value
* * Next col
Next c
End Sub

Note however this method will take awhile if you have a lot of data -
in which case I suggest considering John Walkenbach's array method.http://www.dailydoseofexcel.com/arch...ting-to-a-rang...