Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Peter T Peter T is offline

Default version control issue

Another idea, trap the SaveAs dialog

' in the ThisWorkbook module
Private Sub Workbook_BeforeSave(ByVal SaveAsUI As Boolean, _
Cancel As Boolean)
If SaveAsUI Then
Cancel = True
MsgBox ThisWorkbook.Name & " can only be saved to - " & vbCr & _
ThisWorkbook.Path

Peter T

"sam" wrote in message
Hi All,

I have an excel userform that is posted on my companys intranet. The issue
am having is, users are saving this form to their hard drive and then
using
it(Instead of launching it everytime from intranet), SO basically when I
have a new version of form on intranet they still use the old version as
they
have a habbit of saving it on their hard drive.

Is there a way to resove this? something like they would see a popup
message
saying that "This is an older version that you are using, Please launch
the
form from Intranet for newer version".

Thanks in advance