Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Per Jessen Per Jessen is offline

Default help with listing data

I think this is what you want:

Sub FilterCopyAList()
'
Dim FilterRange As Range
Dim CopyRange As Range
Dim MasterWbk As Workbook
Dim TargetWbk As Workbook

Set MasterWbk = Workbooks("Master File.xls")
With MasterWbk.Worksheets("2010 Case List")
Set FilterRange = .Range("C3:C500") 'Header in row
Set CopyRange = .Range("A3:I300")
End With

FilterRange.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="A"
CopyRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy _
Destination:=ThisWorkbook.Worksheets("A List").Range("A3")

'Application.CutCopyMode = False
'Sheets("2010 Case List").Activate
FilterRange.AutoFilter
'Range("A1").Select

Per

"Bradly" skrev i meddelelsen
I have another question. Here is what is working now:

Sub FilterCopyAList()
'
Sheets("2010 Case List").Activate
Dim FilterRange As Range
Dim CopyRange As Range
Set FilterRange = Range("C3:C500") 'Header in row
Set CopyRange = Range("A3:I300")
FilterRange.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:="A"
CopyRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("A List").Range("A3")
Application.CutCopyMode = False
Sheets("2010 Case List").Activate
Selection.AutoFilter
Application.Goto Reference:="R1C1"
End Sub

How can this be adapted if I want to filter and copy from a different file
called the "Master File" and paste back into the "A List" of the current
file
called "2010 Cases"?

Also, is it possible to set the CopyRange for multiple ranges like
"A3:F10"
and "H3:J10" at one time?

Thanks.

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Two options, either

Set CopyRange = Range("A2:K100")

or

CopyRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).EntireRo w.Copy _

Regards,
Per

"Bradly" skrev i meddelelsen
I tried running this, an it only seems to give me the client ID# in the
destination column. Is there any way to paste each entire row of data
in
the
destination worksheet (it would take up columns A:K for each row)?

"Per Jessen" wrote:

Hi

I would use an autofilter and filter for client ID#, then copy visible
rows, like this:

Sub FilterCopy()
Dim FilterRange As Range
Dim CopyRange As Range
Set FilterRange = Range("A1:A100") 'Header in row
Set CopyRange = Range("A2:A100")
FilterRange.AutoFilter Field:=1, Criteria1:=123456
CopyRange.SpecialCells(xlCellTypeVisible).Copy _
Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A2")
Application.CutCopyMode=False

Per

On 6 Feb., 05:25, Bradly wrote:
I am using a COUNTIF function to count the number of times a client
ID#
is
found in our master list of cases. This signifies that the
particular
client
has that certain number of cases with us. The ID# and case
information
would
be found spread out in the list, as opposed to being grouped
together.
Is
there any way to actually find these instances, copy each one, and
paste each
in a separate worksheet?

For example, the COUNTIF function shows that client ID# 123456
occurs 4
times, meaning this client has 4 cases. One case might be on row
13,
the
second on row 274, etc. Is there any way to set up a function,
formula, or
macro to read the entire list, pick out each of these 4 cases by
client
ID#,
and paste them together in a separate worksheet?

Thanks.

.

.