Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Ryan H Ryan H is offline

Default VBA message box to inform user that Excel is still calculating

Excel should not take but a second to calculate everything. I'm not sure why
you want to do what you are wanting to do. Do you have a macro that is
taking a long time to run? If so, here is a tip to speed up your macro.

Sub YourMacro()

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = False
.Calculation = xlCalculationManual
.StatusBar = "Excel is still calculating...Please Wait."
End With

' your code here

With Application
.ScreenUpdating = True
.Calculation = xlCalculationAutomatic
.StatusBar = False
End With

End Sub

Note: You can't easily use a MsgBox to tell the user Excel is still
calculating. But you can change the text in the Status Bar in the lower left
corner in Excel.

Hope this helps! If so, let me know, click "YES" below.
--
Cheers,
Ryan

"Dan" wrote:

Hi - I am new to VBA and am trying to figure out how to get a message box to
pop-up whenever Excel calculates so the user waits and does not interrupt the
calculation process. Specifically, it would remain on the screen until the
calculation process stops.

Thanks!