Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
msnyc07 msnyc07 is offline

Default Newbie question on variables

I had a coder write me a VBA which was rife with errors and he disappeared on
me so I've spent the last few days somehow managed to slog through and make
fixes (don't know VBA or coding)

However I am stuck on my last fix.

Essentially there are a # of functions within a larger one

I need to set a variable inside an if/then statement and store it in a cell
on the WS to access in a later function.

Based on how he wrote to cells I did this

wsCert.Cells(targetCertRowNumber, 300).Value = "Name"

which worked inside other functions

However I get this error

424

Object Required

Is there something I need to do inside that Function to allow me to use the
variable 'targetCertRowNumber'?

As I said I was able to write to cells like that in other functions.

Thanks in advance, hopefully I provided enough basic information