Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Piotr (Peter)[_2_] Piotr (Peter)[_2_] is offline

Default How to forcely remove or overwrite an open excel file

Hi,

We gather data form various excel files accross our network and combine
them. However, we can't proceed if a user left a file open as it generates an
error. We can't ignore such file so is there any way to get the file copied
to a different location then close the original and replace it with a copy?
Every time we try to do this we get Access denied error if the file is open.

Your help would be highly appreciated.

Peter