Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Michael Lanier Michael Lanier is offline

Default Upon closing a file each new row of entries in a spread sheetbecome read-only

Thanks DB. I'll put it to the test tomorrow. It looks good except
I'm not sure yet how to generate a "trigger" that will cause the
applicable row(s) to protect. I suspect that if for example cell Z12
were to meet a condition, then the condition would cause the rest of
row 12 to protect. But somehow, I would have to build this into the
macro so that everytime a condition was met in column Z, the
applicable row(s) would protect. Regardless, you've given me
something to think about. Thanks.

Michael