iniakupake

Default quick way to copy-paste a formula linked to cells in another file

I need to fill in formula to a row of data (say File A) which is linked
to a set of cells which are stored in another file (say File B).

Something like this:
In Excel File A:
Jan Feb
Mar
Volume =[FileB.xls]a1 =[FileB.xls]a2
=[FileC.xls]a3

If the reference cells were on the same sheet/same file, I usually do
it by writing the formula in the first cell, then drag that formula
onto the adjacent cells to be filled, instead of putting the formula 1
by 1 into each cell.
Now, if the reference cells are not in the same sheet, the above
dragging method does not work & I usually have to input the formula 1
by 1 into each cell. Does anybody know any alternative quick method to
do it?

Thanks b4hand for anybody who can help

Rgds, aster

--