Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
vitorjose vitorjose is offline

Default Help with Clipboard

I am having a problem with the clipboard - i am copying a large set of
data from one workbook to another and am not getting consistent
results with the data that comes out of the clipboard.

I have two workbooks open - lets call them OLD and NEW - i go to a
sheeta in OLD and highlight the data from A1:T1144. I Control C to
copy the data and switch to the NEW workbook - I select sheeta in the
new workbook and select cell A1 - i paste the data using ctrl v - this
is where it gets strange . If the OLD workbook is open resulting data
in the NEW wb is exactly as in the OLD wb.

However if i close the OLD wb before i paste the data into the NEW wb
i lose 2 columns of data - As i close the OLD wb i get a message
asking if i want to keep the data in the clipboard and i answer yes
to keep the data. Also if i try to do a paste special i have the
option of copying the data as text or unicode only -

Any thoughts as to why this happens