Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
tom_mcd[_2_] tom_mcd[_2_] is offline

Default counting blocks of data

this is a sample of a large block of data I have. A block of data is
represented by the letter A until the next cell is Blank. For E.G. row 1
has 2 blocks of data.
the 1st block is row1, col3 and 4 and the next block is column 9.
row 2 has 2 blocks. Col3,col4 and col5 is the 1st block and column 8 & 9 is
the 2nd block.
Row 3 has 1 block only. column 6&7
Row 4 has 0 blocks and row 5 has 1 block because all the A's are in adjacent
cells.

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Row 1 A A A
Row 2 A A A A A
Row 3 A A
Row 4
Row 5 A A A A

Thank you all for your anticipated support in this again!!

I have to count each block of data per row.
E.G. Row 1 will have 2 blocks of data