Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
Gary Keramidas Gary Keramidas is offline

Default Convert Numbers to Text

this should work
Result = GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1)) & " Hundred "

to this
Result = GetDigit(Mid(MyNumber, 1, 1)) & " Hundred and "
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"will07" wrote in message
Hi Gary, Thanks for the reply, I have not tried as yet as there is no
obvious place where the word Hundred appears. If you look at the website
attached you will see it only appears once. I do not want to start adding
words and have the code break down, any suggestions ???

Thanks

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

did you try adding the word and where i suggested?

--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"will07" wrote in message
Thanks for the reply, you are right, most documents do not require the and,
because this is being used for tender letters, managment require the word
"and"

Thanks for the help.

"TexPop" wrote:

Checks are normally written without the 'and'.

"Gary Keramidas" wrote:

i'm not sure what you're using, but look for the word "Hundred" and change
it to "Hundred and "
--

Gary Keramidas
Excel 2003

"will07" wrote in message
Hi, I use the code available from the Microsoft Web site that converts
numbers to text and it works very well however, I have had requests to add
the word "and" in between the thousands and hundreds : example

Instead of "One Thousand Two Hundred Fifty Nine Dollars and Ten Cents" as
it
now shows

I Need "One Thousand Two Hundred and Fifty Nine Dollars and Ten Cents

With my limited knowledge I realise that you have to add the word "and" to
somewhere in the existing code, just not sure where ??

Thanks

.

.