Posted to microsoft.public.excel.programming
ryguy7272 ryguy7272 is offline

Default TransferSpreadsheet and NamedRange; not working!

I just found out (from Ken Snell); range names are unique in an EXCEL file,
so you do not need the sheet name. Use just the range name.

DoCmd.TransferSpreadsheet acImport, 8, "SharePrices", "C:\Documents and
Settings\ThinkPad\Desktop\Historical Stock Prices.xlsm", True,
"RyanRange"
....works!!!
....assume "RyanRange" is the named range...
--
Ryan---

"ryguy7272" wrote:

Thanks Joel. I tried that; didn't work. I've done this many times before,
but with ranges like A1:K5000; never with a named range. That seems to be
quite a problem now. I've seen examples online that do this though. Maybe
it is a reference in Access? I don't really know what to make of this. I'd
appreciate any input though!!

--
Ryan---

"joel" wrote:

The sheet names in excel when you use the ADO method (or any SQL)
requires you to add a dollar sign at the end of the sheet name

So acImport becomes acImport$

--
joel
joel's Profile: 229