Rob

Dave,

This action was on 3 different computers so thinking it's not the mouse.
I've deleted rows and columns and protected but still the mouse won't select
once protection is enabled.

Rob

"Dave Peterson" wrote in message
I've never seen excel allow you to select a cell with the arrow keys, but
not
the mouse.

My first thought was that something is wrong with the mouse (or mouse
driver??). I'd gently bang on it a couple of times or maybe try another
mouse.

(I've read some horror stories that suggest rebooting will fix some mouse
problems--have you tried that?)

Rob wrote:

Hi,

Excel 2000

I have a spreadsheet that allows me to move to cells locked or unlocked
with
the cursor but doesn't allow me to use the mouse. I'd thought that the
range of what could be selected had been restricted using vba but this
isn't
the case, I've opened the file and disabled vba and still can't select
the
unlocked cells with the mouse. If I unprotect the worksheet, then all
works
as expected.

I'm at a loss!

Any pointed most welcome. Rob